FAILURE ANALYSIS TESTING
Non-Destructive Internal Inspection
Failure investigations can be time consuming and very costly. Our advanced digital CT system (also known as Micro-CT) is a failure analysis tool used by modern engineers, providing 3D x-ray imagery of the internal details metal parts and complex assemblies.
Once a failure analysis scan is complete, customers receive a thumb drive containing a library of still images of the X, Y & Z slices through the whole volume of the part, AVI movies of those slices and Windows friendly executable software allowing them to manipulate and thoroughly explore a 3D model of the part.
Identify Internal Defects
Failure analysis imaging helps engineers find internal flaws such as broken circuits, cracks, voids, shrinkage and inclusions in a variety of materials, including electronics, components, composites, metals and plastics.
Determine Root Cause Quickly
Industrial CT provides powerful insights for product failure analysis investigations with visual inspection of all the internal and external elements of your part.
FAILURE ANALYSIS INSPECTION - USE CASES
3D COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY (CT)
• Detect cracking, voids, shrinkage and inclusions.
• Electronic component failures including opens, shorts and PCB delaminations.
• Foreign Object Debris (FOD) detection.
• Production and small-lot verification.
• Weld porosity, penetration, inclusions and voids.
• Part-to-CAD comparisons, post-vibe and post-shock imaging.
• Analyze a wide variety of materials including metals, plastics, carbon fiber, composites, electrical components and mixed materials.
Interested in how our failure analysis testing can impact your products? Call 425-497-9729 for more information.